Social media recruiting is growing at an increasing pace day by day. Recruiters are active more on social and professional networking sites than job portal sites looking out for new talents. One social networking site that is growing in leaps and bounds is Twitter, which is being used by many of the companies. Organizations say that Twitter is more like a PR tool for them. This has made active job seekers, consultants etc to actively follow companies on twitter.
But what many people are not much aware of the fact is that Twitter can be used to create an online resume of yours in less than 140 characters which can be circulated amongst friends or companies.
Here is how you can create an online resume in twitter in less than 140 characters.
- Job Title Creation: – Create the title or the position you are seeking for.
- Location Inclusion: – Include your location by adding the #tag or Hashtag of the location where do you want to work or relocate to.
- Use Hash tags frequently: – Hash tags are a way for Twitter users to classify tweets and group them together. Recruiters use hashtags as a way to search for talents on Twitter. Some good examples of hash tags could be included in your Twitter resume tweets are #needajob etc.
- TweetMyResume: – Post your twitter resume on tweetmyresume.com, for added exposure, wherein it gets a higher visibility stance of being noticed by recruitment consultants.
- ReTweets: – Ask your friends and followers in Twitter to re- tweet your Twitter resume which thereby makes it viral and helps it get noticed by many people at ease.
End of the day Social media recruiting is all about making online recruitment go viral.