Recruitment is a challenging task, and many people are left in the lurch when it comes to finding new sources of finding potential candidates. However in my point of view, there are ample sources of recruitment sources available, which can be used by the recruiter to select the best candidate.
The most popular sources of recruitment are :-
- Social Media Recruitment
- Incentive based referral program
- Community recruitment
- College recruitment/placement
- Talent sourcing in the crowd
- Social Media Recruitment :- One of the most popular sources of recruitment currently. It has grown tremendously because of its ease of use, multiple sourcing channels and low cost of usage. Recruiters now are able to double up as online reputation mangers and get the best talent for the hiring manager or the company, which they are working for.Social media also helps in getting the best talent for the company as we can get to know the likes, strenghts and any other special characteristic possessed by the individual.
- Incentive based referral programme :- This is one of the frequently used sources of recruitment, wherein Organizations ask current employees to recommend skilled and competent employees within their network to expand their potential pool of candidates.If the candidate is duly selected the person referring him duly receives a small percentage of payout from the organization.
- Community recruitment :- Many organizations follow community recruitment programs, wherein they hire people from within the community they are catering to. It is a way of maintaining corporate social responsibility. It also has the ability to build a superior workforce, with great loyalty and low turnover, at a reduced cost.
- College recruitment/placement :- College recruiting includes internship or rotational programs to give students a taste of real work as well as a way to evaluate and assess students for potential recruitment as regular employees. There are many other elements that could be added to this list, but the idea is not to create a list of everything. It is to show , what happens if all of these elements are combined to create a bulletproof, flexible, and expandable ability plan to find good talent.
- Talent sourcing in the crowd :- Very much similar to employee referral programme, but works in a broader group of network to recommend and select candidates with the right criteria. Common examples are Facebook pages, Groups and twitter etc, which promises to be a rich source of candidate selection in a targeted audience.