You can add a few points mentioned below in your LinkedIn to make your job search activity more effective.
- Update your profile completely: – Take care to update your profile completely, and include complete educational details, past and present employers, professional recognitions, awards and the keywords related to your job and activities. Include recommendations from people who are known to you. Do share your complete contact details so that the employer can easily contact you.
- Network Building: -Try adding people who could hire you, or even help you to refer a job. Your networking list must be strong enough to showcase your profile on the top, so that they can be easily listed on the top searches, which helps recruiters to easily find you, when they are looking for potential candidate hiring.
- Interview preparation using LinkedIn: – LinkedIn helps you to research on people and companies, who will be interviewing you beforehand. This helps us to prepare for the job by speaking and networking with people on the same job roles and thereby prepare ourselves for the interview at ease.
- Joining and Participating in LinkedIn Groups: – Joining and participating in LinkedIn groups as discussed before will help recruiters identify you easily. This helps in building a larger contact base of like minded individuals from your domain.
- Job Search options: – LinkedIn’s job board function helps us in directly applying or mail the hiring manager. LinkedIn even helps us to write to companies, recruiters based on job postings we like, with our complete list of details.
- Follow and Identify Companies: – LinkedIn allows us to follow and identify companies. This option can be done from industry, geography to better expand you network. Through this option we can come to know how many hiring’s and recruiting activities have been taking place in the company recently.
- Create and promote your blogs / articles /webinars/ other social media networks like Slideshare etc optimizing them on LinkedIn.
- Last but not the least, update your profile regularly, this helps in getting better exposure, as your profile update will be visible to all the people in your network. Include Social Media Links on your profile, this helps recruiter to analyze that you are a media-savvy person. Include your LinkedIn profile link in all your e-mail correspondences, to better grow your network.